Monday 14 June 2010

The day the work began

Today was my first day working in at the Osaka University physics dept. it was a bit messy. After running late (combination of late start and missing the bus) we managed to meet our supervisor out here at about 10, we then got a tour and proceeded to wow him with our lack of knowledge (seriously he looked shocked). The up shot is that I now have about 100 pages of a book to read and a 2nd year undergrad experiment, calibrate a scintillator, to do by tomorrow afternoon (can't use the lab tomorrow afternoon so some analysis can be done but we also have to give a presentation at the weekly group meeting at 6). In short it's a bit stressful, especially as the experiment doesn't seem to be working as expected.

That was pretty much my day, the weather has been clearer today (at least no rain) and hot again.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can get on with some proper work, until then I leave you with an explanation for the platypus...



UPDATE: In addition to platypus I think people should read this essay on the Burqa. It explains concisely and clearly why banning the burqa is pants-on-head stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment